Friday, December 2, 2011

Thing # 16

For my start page I chose iGoogle, simply because I am more familiar with Google than any of the other choices.  I also thought that iGoogle was a little easier to personalize than the other sites.  I actually did set this page as my home page on my computer!  I thought that it was more visually appealing than my previous home page, and thought it would be a good idea to try it out for a few days to see how I liked it.

The online calendars can be extremely useful!  I know that many times when I want to write something down in my planner, I don't have it with me!  However, with an online calendar, I can upload my calendar from wherever I am and add to my calendar.  This also gives me the opportunity to check my calendar whenever I need to.

My favorite online to-do list was Remember the Milk.  This is probably because the title was the most interesting and the site was visually appealing.  I really like that you can load your list to your smart phone and have it with you when you shop.  I love this idea!

I think that the online calendars could definitely be used in the classroom--not for the student's benefitm but the teachers.  This would be a great way for him/her to stay more organized without having to keep track of a hard copy of their calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment