Friday, December 2, 2011

Thing # 15

I have always felt weary of Wikis.  When you're in school, the teachers alway tell you not to use Wikipeida as a source when writing a paper; therefore, I have always had a negative connotation towards the term "Wiki."

However, after doing this exercise, I have discovered that Wikis are not always a bad thing.  When used in the right context Wikis can be beneficial when learning new things.  Collaborative work is a great way to study new topics and having a wiki page aids this effort.  I posted my mashup from Thing #8 on the APSU sandbox and I was impressed at how easy it way to go through that process.  I also enjoyed that I was able to look at what my other classmates are working on without having to go to each person's individual page--everything was right there on one page and made it very simple to look through.

I now know that Wikis are a great tool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment